Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Down But Not Out


You're going to survive. You're going to live, you're going to love, you're going to dance again.

JLO on Ellen
Talking about getting through the tough times

I have been battling the flu this week but I think I'm finally on the winning side. Yea! Living in Florida, it's been years since I've had the flu; however, I went to a very fun party on the Florida Intracoastal this past weekend. I brought home some good memories and a bug.  Oh well, I plan to be in fighting form next week.  

I hope you've had a great week and have accomplished some of your goals. For those of you who were hit by the snow storm, I hope you're shovelling your way out!

I happened to catch JLO on Ellen and wanted to share a tiny portion of it with you. I think it's wonderful when famous people open up and share their experiences with others. We often see other people in an unrealistic light--not realizing that they share the same doubts, fears, hurts, and trials that we do. JLO talked about the journey she is on and how her life fell apart after her divorce. She did some soul searching and came out of it a better person. 

The takeaway is: No matter what you're going through, you are strong, and you will make it. Her ending comment was what I shared in the opening quote.  "You're going to survive.  You're going to live, you're going to love, you're going to dance again."

Have a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me know...