Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Setting Goals for the New Year


The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.
Self-help author

I can't stress enough how important it is to set goals for yourself. If you don't have a plan, how can you move forward? Many people talk about making a change in their lives, but to make change into reality, you need to write your goals down and refer to them often. Here's how I track my goals and keep myself motivated to continue to strive toward them. It's easy and it's free.

BTW, I'm not receiving any compensation from the company. I'm pretty sure they don't even know I exist. :-)



I would be lost without my computer(s), iPad®, and iPhone®.  I rely heavily on apps to accomplish my tasks and to keep me organized. I'm willing to pass along one of my favorite free apps that will help you set your goals and stick to them.

 The app is called: Balanced and it's available for iPad and iPhone.

   


It's a cute, very simple app that allows you to enter your goals and reminds you when they are due.

The interface is visually fun and it is pretty simple to use. With a downward swipe, you can create your own goals (choosing an icon for each one) and specify how many times you want to perform the action per day, week, month, or year. If you prefer, you can choose from predefined goals. Each goal is added to a colorful list, and moves up in the list as its due date/time approaches.  You can use Balanced to set up goals to balance your personal life, or even set some career goals.

When you've accomplished the task, swipe to the right to see a cheerful Done! and the task automatically moves to the bottom of the list.  You can choose whether you want reminders to appear on your phone (or not) and whether you want the cheerful tone to go off when you swipe. That's it. It's that simple, it's cute, and it's almost like a game.  You can create up to 5 goals in the free version.

You can find the app in the ITunes store, or find out more about it at balancedapp.com.

Now go out and set some goals!  This is your year!


Are there other apps that you use to set your goals?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me know...